This position will offer the opportunity to provide patient care with a breakthrough treatment modality for the treatment of depression – Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, or TMS. The TMS Coordinator is hired on a part-time basis, but for the highly-motivated, enthusiastic person, the position could easily become a full-time position.
In this position, you will administer in-office therapeutic treatments under the direction of the treating psychiatrist – Dr. Valerie Augustus .
You will be trained on what TMS is, what it does, how to operate the TMS machine and other specific knowledge required to carry out the duties of the position.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Explaining and administering TMS treatments to patients;
- Monitoring patients closely during TMS treatments;
- Explaining TMS treatment to other physicians and their staff members;
- Following established treatment plan and office procedures;
- Local marketing of TMS (i.e. visiting physician offices and confidently educating them on what TMS is, how it works, etc.) ;
- Weekly meetings with Dr. Augustus for TMS development;
- Maintaining patient confidentiality (HIPAA compliance is required);
- Documenting and tracking referral sources;
- Displaying the ability to learn medical information and treatment-applicable terminology;
- Operating a medical/mechanical device; and
- Completing additional office administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must be a Clinical Health Care Professional (adult counseling/mental health care-specific background is preferable)
- Must have two or more years of related experience
- Familiar with medical termianology
- Familiar with data management software
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy when documenting in patients’ charts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Physically able to walk, stand, stoop, and bend
- Visual and auditory dexterity
- Must be self-motivated
- Have an eagerness to learn and develop the TMS Coordinator position
- Exhibit strong communication skills
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Act courteously and with tact in dealing with patients, other physicians and staff, visitors and the public
You can opt-in for medical coverage.